This quickly became a favorite at the Martens household. We have this at LEAST every other week, if not more! The prep time is minimum and the flavor is maximum! BONUS: This makes for the perfect left overs (just ask my father in law…).
Want to really kick it up? Pair it with my elote recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa of choice (see notes)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 6 tortilla shells 6" flour
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed (see notes)
- 2 cups mexican cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Spread about ½ cup of the ground beef mixture on the bottom of a sprayed baking dish. Cover with two tortillas.
- Add another layer of ground beef mixture, half the beans, half the cheese, and two more tortillas. Repeate layers and finish with a top layer of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and let stand in oven for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream. avocado, hot sauce, and other taco fixings.