With Pulled Pork Or Shredded Chicken
- ½ lb pulled pork or shredded chicken pre-cooked
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½-¾ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ranch dressing as desired
- ⅓ cup arugula
- 1 pizza shell homemade or store bought
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- If using homemade pizza dough, press dough out in a 12" cast iron skillet. If using a pre-made crust, use a pizza stone.
- NOTE: If using homemade dough, heat for 5 minutes in oven before assembling pizza to assure crust is cooked throughly.
- Brush the pizza shell with barbecue sauce.
- Next, add meat of choice.
- Top with mozzarella and red onion. Smoked gouda is also excellent on this.
- Place pizza in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese becomes bubbly and golden.
- Remove pizza from oven. Mix arugula with 1-2tbsp of olive oil and put on top of pizza.
- Garnish with ranch dressing, if desired.