Peach & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
with Infused Honey
Peach & Goat Cheese Bruschetta with Infused Honey
- 1 baguette sliced into ½ inch slices
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper cracked
- 3 peaches sliced into wedges
- 1 bunch basil leaves chiffonade
- infused honey see notes
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place sliced baguette pieces on a sheet pan. Brush both sides with olive oil. Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until crisp. You could also heat over a grill. Set aside.
- While bread heats, put goat cheese and cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl. Heat until you are able to easily combine the two with a fork (be careful to not over heat. Cook at 30 seconds at a time). Set aside.
- Spread slightly warm goat cheese mixture over warmed baguette slices. Place peach wedge on top of each. Garnish with basil. Drizzle infused honey over all pieces and finish with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately on a platter or rustic board.
- NOTE: To infuse honey, place ½ cup or so of honey into a small pot on the stove and add a few sprigs of rosemary, thyme, sage, or lavender. Warm on medium heat. Once it comes to a gentle simmer, add a couple teaspoons of water, gently stir, turn heat off and let the herbs marinate in the honey for at least an hour. Alternatively, you could use essential oils to and use honey immediately. You do not need to use infused honey, but it adds a lot of unexpected (and appreciated!) flavor.