Yum! this is the perfect comfort meal and packed with flavor.
If you’ve ever been intimidated to make Chicken Parmesan, don’t be! Make this restaurant worthy recipe yourself in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 tsp water added
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella slices
- 24 oz marinara sauce homemade or store bought
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti or pasta of choice cooked per instructions
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 4-5 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cook pasta per instructions and set aside when done cooking.
- Trim any access fat off chicken. If the breasts are uneven, use a meat hammer to pound them down to insure more even cooking.
- Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls or plates: one with panko/breadcrumbs and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and the third with flour.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (or "Multi Tool"), then coat each piece of chicken in flour and shake off excess. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then into bread crumb mixture; repeat steps for remaining chicken and set aside on a plate.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/4" oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken. Cook until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- While chicken cooks, pour marinara sauce into a 9"x13" baking dish. Once chicken has drained, place chicken on top of sauce. Top with basil, provolone cheese, and mozzarella. You can add more parmesan if desired.
- Place in heated oven and bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. If desired broil until cheese gets golden brown for 2-3 minutes at the end.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve over cooked pasta.